This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Bridge Cycles does not own or control or to people that Bridge Cycles does not employ or manage.
Safe, Secure Payments
Bridge Cycle.co.za uses a secure payment gateway trusted by many well-known companies and brands.
We are committed to keeping you and your information secure. We have a multitude of checks in place to protect online customers from fraudulent transactions.
- We use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption. Only two of the four major South African banks use this, the highest, level of encryption currently available.
- 3D Secure is in place for all credit card transactions over R1000.
- All sensitive info is encrypted within our own database.
- We run penetration testing on our system on a weekly basis to look for vulnerabilities. We are only required to do it once every three months, but we run it every week.
- Our entire site, blog and help site are served off secure servers, making it harder to perpetrate phishing attacks.
- We also have an excellent monitoring system that does, among other things: GEO IP tracking, velocity testing, BIN/IIN validation and checks against online databases.All sensitive info is tightly encrypted within our own database.
Bridge Cycle.co.za uses a secure payment gateway trusted by many well-known companies and brands. Additionally, payment pages are 3D Secure compliant and conform to the Verified by Visa and Mastercard Securecode online security platform.
So for those who frequently shop online and wish to ensure their credit card details may not be fraudulently used, you will need to sign up for 3D Secure - which is an added security measure (and verification procedure) employed by the major credit card issuers - before your card will be processed online.
You will only need to enrol for 3D Secure once (for each credit card you own) to be able to safely shop online in the future. This is a 2 step process and can be instantly completed online via your bank's website and is a necessary procedure to ensure peace of mind whilst making online purchases.
The following are links to the 3D Secure activation (and enrolment) pages provide by your bank. Please choose the bank that your credit card was issued by:
We run weekly penetration testing on our system to look for vulnerabilities.
Our entire site, blog and help site are served off secure servers.
GEO IP tracking: find out where global purchases are made from.
BIN/IIN validation: finding which bank in what country issued the credit card.
Checks against online databases.
Information Collection and Use
- Bridge Cycles collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Bridge Newsletter, when you use certain Bridge Cycles products or services, when you visit Bridge pages.
- If you register to become a Member of the website, we may ask for your name, e-mail address, birth date, gender and postal address.
- Bridge Cycles also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Bridge cookie information and the page you requested.
- Bridge Cycles uses information for three general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services (including fulfilling requests for information), and to contact you about specials and new products that you may like.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- BRIDGE CYCLES RESTRICTS ACCESS TO NON-PUBLIC INFORMATION ABOUT ITS WEBSITE, CUSTOMERS AND MEMBERS TO THOSE PERSONS EMPLOYED BY OR CONTRACTED WITH BRIDGE CYCLES WHO HAVE A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS NEED TO KNOW THAT INFORMATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES TO ITS CUSTOMERS AND MEMBERS.
- Bridge Cycles will not sell, rent or exchange your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Bridge Cycles may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Bridge Cycles Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
- or We are fulfilling your request for more information.
- Your Bridge Cycles Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas Bridge Cycles uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- Bridge Cycles may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages.
If you access the Videos area of this web site, you understand and agree that:
Video Clips are the Property of Bridge Cycles or its suppliers or licensors and cannot be rebroadcast or duplicated without the express written consent from Bridge Cycles. Where video content is free to duplicate and share, it will be indicated.
Certain opinions, recommendations and advice are provided on this website in order to help people get the most out of the sport of cycling. We caution and cannot guarantee any of the statements related to future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. Moreover, neither we nor anyone else assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of such forward-looking statements.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site and to block or prevent future access to and use of the Site. If any provision of these Site Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Site Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.